The Coffee: Who knew that red encourages appetite? I always assumed colors were associated with emotions, but this infographic takes it another step by describing the Psychology of Color – what you should paint a room, how brands use colors and even that yellow makes babies cry.
If you are ready for a fix-er-upper for your apartment, home, or office decor here are some tips they suggest:
- Paint your kitchen yellow becomes it evokes your metabolism
- Blue for an office space because people are more productive
- Paint a dining area red because it encourages appetite, but not a classroom because it is associated with poor achievement
- Green environment if you want to induce fewer stomach aches (not sure I agree with this one)
The Cream & Sugar: Last weekend/week I celebrated my lovely friend and roommate’s birthday with a few surprises. There is no shame in my apartment admitting we are popcorn addicts – we own a Whirley Pop, cheese spices and large popcorn bowls to prove it. Her favorite food, any day = popcorn.
SO I underwent the project of making a popcorn CAKE. The recipe was developed by Cookies And Cups, a fav food blog of mine, and I just HAD to try it.
The ingredients are simply:
- (2) 12 oz bags of baking marshmellows (regular ones are fine, but they don’t melt as well)
- 1 stick of butter (unless you are using bagged popcorn with butter on it)
- 2 Large bags of popcorn or 4 handfuls is what I put in the Whirley Pop
- One large bag of M&Ms -2 cups
- One bag of stick pretzels, crushed – 1 1/2 cups
- Pop your corn, put in a bowl making sure to pick out all of the kernels
- Toss in M&Ms and Pretzels
- Melt butter/marshmallow in pot until smooth, let cool for a few seconds
- Pour over popcorn while mixing. This was REALLY hard, it was a gooey sticky mess and using my hands made my new name Popcorn Fingers.
- Spray your pan with Pam, literally, squish and stuff into cake pan ( I used a round bundt).
- Let cool for one hour and flip it onto a plate, BAM it slides right out into a beautiful cake!
Then I proceeded to drizzle chocolate all over it because why not?