The Coffee: With the bombardment of sentimental Graduation thoughts on my Facebook today from all my friends at commencement for NU 2012, I have mixed emotions. Sad, proud, scared, happy, excited. Even though I rushed to complete my degree in 4 years rather than 5, I don’t regret the decisions I made. I still feel a bit envious of my friends though. What I would give to feel the exhilarating high again that the world was in the palm of my hand!
Let me tell you, a year has flown by. It seems like yesterday I was moving my tassel, on the verge of tears, excited for the real world! I can’t wait for my friends to join me here on this side of the fence, and here are some words of advice:
- Don’t stress about finding the perfect job, your 20′s are about making mistakes and taking risks so even if your first job isn’t ideal, it will still be worth it!
- Grad school doesn’t have to happen right away. Take time to explore, travel, visit friends in the cities they move to.
- Be careful with debt, with graduation comes loan payments and new expenses so be smart!
- Don’t take NO for an answer – if something doesn’t work out, ask WHY
- Cherish your college friends, they will always support you through your adult life
The Cream and Sugar: Since I am being all sentimental now, here is where I was a year ago today!
My proud parents and I:
My best friend Saskia and (now boyfriend) Jon:
Saskia and I